Supervision of construction works for the new Terminal 2 at Abeid Amani Karume International Airport in Zanzibar
ADP Ingénierie's knowledge of the client and its airport expertise have enabled it to:
- propose technical and contractual solutions to the problems that had forced the client to interrupt the construction work. The construction site was able to restart;
- manage the scale and unusual complexity of the project for the Ministry of Infrastructure, Communications and Transport, assisting it in its contracting authority role;
- assist the company in charge of design and construction on subjects related specifically to airports which are not its core business.
The island of Zanzibar currently has only one passenger terminal which is insufficient in terms of both capacity and quality of service to accommodate air traffic generated mainly by tourism, which has been growing rapidly for several years. The Government of Zanzibar has therefore decided to build a second passenger terminal.
- Complete construction of the new Terminal 2
- Assist the contracting authority in managing the project
- Support the contractor, which has limited experience in the airport sector
After having initially proposed a range of technical and contractual solutions which enabled the work to be restarted (interrupted at the request of the Contracting Authority because of various problems requiring resolution), ADP Ingénierie (ADPI) was entrusted with supervising the work, together with assisting the Ministry of Infrastructure, Communications and Transport in managing the project, and supporting the Company (in charge of the design and construction work), which had limited experience in the airport sector.