Design of the third runway and associated taxiways at Suvarnabhumi International Airport in Bangkok
In keeping with its commitment to proximity and the reliability of its solutions, ADP Ingénierie has:
- proposed combining the simulation of the capacity of the new runway with the design of this infrastructure and the airfield lighting system, including an autonomous incursion warning system (RWSL or Runway Status Lights);
- decided to work in partnership with local firm Asian Engineering Consultants Corp Ltd (AEC).
Due to the constant increase in the number of passengers at Suvarnabhumi International Airport and in order to improve safety and the flow of air traffic, the client believes that a new third runway is necessary.
- The client requires the ability to perform heavy maintenance on existing runways without significantly affecting traffic.
- Deployed an onsite deputy team leader for coordinating the design with the local partner AEC and Airport Authority (AOT);
- Appointed a project manager within our Hong Kong Business Unit to manage the contract;
- Set up a support team within the Business Unit based in France for the design.